Sunday, July 30, 2023

HOLDING ME

 HOLDING ME


My small altar sits at the end of the credenza.

The wall-mounted television just above.

Furniture directed toward the TV, worshiping, God-like.


On the altar, a blue heart with the word “Hope.”

A “Live With Intention” small angel stands straight.

A prayer beaded necklace woven around a “Gratitude” heart.

An angel shaped dish filled with inspirational painted stones.

A favorite picture of my parents the frame’s corner draped with a “Love” heart.

A small slip of paper with my current wish one it for Sophia.

All a starting place for my ritual.


All touchstones of real times.

Hoped for times.

Imagined times.

The fullness of my life.

In single pieces.

Intentions leading to actions.


Sometimes a resting spot for heavy things.

Sometimes for things desiring remembrance.

Sometimes an appreciation of the beauty of it all.


Where I have been.

Where I am.

Where I want to go.


My dreams, my loves. my hopes, my wishes.


Tangible, sacred, alive.

Together in harmony.

Holding me.






No comments:

Post a Comment